I'm sure I fancy Jacinda. From There to Here
We visited New Zealand in February and not long after we got there Jacinda used Covid 19 as an excuse to lock up the country and stop every one either coming in or leaving. We were stuck for at least 4 weeks, she didn't want me to leave. We were very lucky to be able to stay with 2 really good friends. Hec! that was a good time. Jacinda appeared on tv every day to tell us what was going on and where ever I sat in the room Jacinda's eyes were fixated on me.
I had this calling to go back.
On November 17 we saw our bikes, boots, shirts, shorts, sheets and shoes, washing machine, wrenches and freezer disappear, all packed tightly into a 20' container with only room for our glasses which were convieniently forgotten in a cupboard.
I've had a generally good 13 years in United Kovid being lead by a clown without a costume and a liberal who thought shacking up with an ultra right wing CaMORON was hip, and where the moron displayed sound and astute gambling ability by throwing the country to a referenedum to keep his mates happy. They apparently are more important than 64 million plebs.
But there has been fun. Life went into a dark phase but a fortnightly therapy session at the then JJB and now DW stadium getting hooked on Wigan Athletic gave me essential distraction from shite, as well as some wonderful football interspersed with rubbish stuff. I drank some good beer, ate a lot of chips and mushy peas and made some really wonderful 'saturday afternoon football friends' (SAFFs). We had joy, we had fun, we had madness and laughs in the rain and the sun!







Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks for your comment. It would be great if you can tell me who you are, rather than being anonymous. Thanks.